Friday, January 25, 2008

Where Has the Month Gone

Well, it feels like not that much has gone on for the last couple of weeks. Of course there is the regular normal stuff. The Holland America tours have been coming every Monday and Saturday, a lady came by wanting her federal style table back that she donated, another demolition permit has been issued for a historic building in our unprotected historic district. We got a subscritption to Netflicks to have instant access to movies. Every night we watch two episodes of The Office. The are almost through season 3. Our six pupppies are now big and loud. The make too much noise at night fighting, and the neighbors are complaining. Somehow it has become my responsibilty to deal with all the stray puppies in our compound.

We still are not quite adjusted to the local high school. Though it has been three full weeks now. Martin is playing on the soccer team. They all call him Alfredo.

It feels like I have been incredibly busy. But not that much has gotten accomplished. This whole week I have been trying to read through the page proofs of my Greenwood Press book. It is taking much longer than I thought. I am now a week overdue on my deadline. For the last two days we have met informally with an editor from Macmillan who is completing a new history of the TCI. We are supplying all the images.

Last week the museum held its first corporate event for the North Carolina Aquarium Board. On the same day I went on my first visit to Salt Cay to see the historic homes there and to look at the restoration project at Government House, which it looks like I will be consulting on. This trip could have been a blog on its own.

Work, work, work this month. Next week I am off to Provo to set up a table at the High School Science Fair. I will also get to re-stock up on frozen meet at the IGA.

This was just a quick note to let you know we are still here.

No comments: