Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mark and Katherine


Today we stopped in to see Mark and Katherine. Mark and I were at the Knowlton School of Architecture at The Ohio State University together. Mark is now teaching in the architecture department at Cornell University. I have not seen Mark since moving to the Turks and Caicos.

When I was in graduate school the studio projects I worked on were mostly designs for museums. I designed an addition for the Wexner Center for the Visual Arts, and worked on competitions for the National Museum of Korea and the National Museum of Jordan. I worked with Mark on all these projects. In a way, he is a large part of why I entered the museum field.

Martin flew from Columbus to Ithaca today as well. I wanted him to see the school of architecture here. After a great visit, we have left to run up to Montreal.

Martin turns seventeen tomorrow. I have missed everyone's birthday this year except Martin. I am excited that this next day is working out.

No comments: