Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Moving Forward

This weekend the Imperial Valley Desert Museum held its Annual Member Meeting. This was my second meeting since I have been here. This was a very different meeting from the one last year. Last year I presented on our plans to open the museum. This year I talked about our first year of being open.

We hired staff last January. We installed the conservation lab in January. We held our first public event on January 28. We installed our first exhibit in February. We opened to the public in March. It has been a crazy year. My job has transitioned from planner to manager, with constant fundraising in between.

Yesterday I received a text message that read: "I am thrilled with the energy, work, and direction I am seeing this museum headed in. Makes you say, 'I want to be a part of that!' "

I can't imagine anything I would rather hear. That kind of has been the plan, so I guess things are moving forward.       

No comments: