Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My Work Here is Done

 Has it been a year? I don't believe it. The last blog I wrote was after our annual meeting in 2012. The 2013 annual meeting is next week.

Ah, so what have I been doing, you ask?

"Working. Working. Working." say I.

What happened to the adventure, you ask?

"Working. Working. Working." say I.


I have included the Opinion piece that was heart breaking and awful and 30 months ago. It followed the first public interview I had given to the paper after arriving in the Imperial Valley in 2011. The Opinion piece that came out today says it all.

Click on them to read them. The comparison of the two articles could not be more telling about what this year has been like. It has been a lot of work.

But my work here is done. This is what we came to do. Open a museum that would make an impact, that would be community focused, and that would reach for the highest standards and maximum fun.

I am ready for the next adventure. Please let me know if you hear of any museums with a major crises that needs fixing - that might also be in the Caribbean, South America, South Pacific, or Alaska. I would also really be interested in developing something for Carnival or Holland America Cruise Lines.

So please, keep your ears open...

No comments: