Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Senator Sullivan

This has been a very busy two weeks. Three cruise ships, a wedding, a climate change conference, three researchers, and a visit from the Senator Dan Sullivan (R). The senator was in Unalaska for three days. Mostly to talk about the fishery. Need I remind you, Dutch Harbor is the number one fishery in the United States for pounds landed.

If you are go to Red Lobster for Crab Fest you are eating our catch.

But the Senator also came to the museum. He was scheduled for 15 minutes, I think. but stayed for nearly 25 minutes. This is a picture of him looking at the Women of Ounalashka, our most famous and important artifact.

I did not get to put my two cents in about the importance of funding the IMLS and the NEH, but I will send that on to his aid.

No comments: