Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What I get Paid for

This week has been a melee of publicity and promotion for the conclusion of the Ft George project. Since I was three and my parents put me on a box to sing "My New Home" I have had to perform in front of people. I wonder if this is still the number one fear of most people? I love every minute of it. But, I have been very busy and have not been able to talk to Deneen as much as she needed. She reminded me of this tonight.

I am preaching my stump speech. 78% of all travelers visit cultural heritage sites. The preservation of historic sites is primarily a tourism issue. If you bulldoze and develop every one of your cultural heritage sites, you are supplying a product for less than one quarter of all travelers.

We had another article come out in the TCI Journal this week. "This was exactly the kind of publicity we were trying to get, Good job" was a message from one of our stakeholders. We did a presentation at Pine Cay on Saturday. We did a presentation for DECR and the Governor's staff on Grand Turk tonight. Tomorrow, we fly to Provo to give a presentation to DECR. Then it is off to Rotary to put in a plug for the Ft George project at their evening meeting.

Next week I have articles about Ft George and an issue of the Astrolabe due. After that I can relax, I will only have several hundred artifacts to catalog and put away.

1 comment:

bryanhitch said...

Their, possessive. I really enjoy your blogs and especially the big butt picture. Very proud of you, Dr. Hitch!