Thursday, March 24, 2011

03 Chevy Blazer - My New Ride

This week I finally received the 4-wheel drive that was donated to the Museum. I have been running out into the desert to test it. It feels very good to finally get out. Everyone keeps trying to tell me how to drive in order not to get stuck in the sand. Please...a foot of desert sand is a piece of cake compared to two inches of Ohio snow.

It is different than I thought it would be. The desert is very bumpy. A bigger fear than getting stuck is breaking an axle. The first day I drove with my new friend Jimmy he told me that when he was driving professionally he would drive 100 miles per hour in the desert. I decided that was my new goal. But then last week at 40 I almost bit it, so I have had to reset my goal. Its all about suspension. Now my goal is to get a dune racer.

No comments: