Saturday, April 23, 2011

Friday Night Drive to FresNowhere

This weekend I saw something that I never thought I would ever see...

Fresno.

On Friday my brother Bryan sent me a text saying that I should come up to Fresno and surprise mom, who flew in last week.

"Its far." said I. I was planning on just sitting in Ocotillo alone and working all weekend.

"Come on," he said. "Its no big deal, just like driving to Chicago."

On Friday evening I got in the car and drove the 8 hours north. Eight hours. From Columbus, Ohio, in eight hours you can be in Washington, D.C., Nashville, almost New York City, Charlotte, or Chicago. The problem here is had I driven to Chicago, I would be in Chicago.

I drove eight hours and I am basically in the same place.

But when I got up on Saturday and surprised Mom at breakfast she cried, so i guess Bryan was right. It was worth the drive.

No comments: