Friday, April 29, 2011

Never Stops Being Funny...

I have met a couple really good guys here. My cultural mediators. They have been going out of their way to integrate me into the community and have been introducing me to the contacts that I need to make. Much like my friends in Columbus, they never cease giving me a hard time. And just like me friends in Columbus, it's usually a real hard time. Today, one of them sent me an email to ask if I had seen the paper...

Now the rest of the story.

On Thursday, I was in El Centro for Rotary and a couple meetings. About 3:00 I got a call to ask if I wanted to attend the Young Professionals Organization Award Banquet at 5:30 and sit at the Rotary table. I told him that all I had was the jeans, tennis shoes and t-shirt that I had on. I did have a jacket in the car. He said I would be fine. I went and had a good time. Dinner was good. I met a few new people.

The newspaper article that covered the event included this photo with my jeans and big old tennis shoes right in the center of the picture. My new friends want to know what in the world I was thinking about showing up in jeans. They think I am trying too hard to fit in with the "young" professionals.

They have no idea...

No comments: