Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dreams and Reality

This week I had a dream that I was directing a fund raising event at a historic house museum. The wallpaper was a repetitive garland pattern in light earth tones with orange highlights. The Brussles carpet had a small circular pattern with a criss-cross grid of a lighter orange matching the wallpaper. One of the people at the party told me, "You are here for a fundraiser, that means "fun raiser," which means "sun raiser," and we better be raising funds until the sun comes up." Then an all night party ensued.

This dream is a sad reality of what the last few months have been. Evidently, I have literally been working night and day.

On Thursday we had a 6 hour and 45 minute board meeting. It lasted until 12:15am. I gave a presentation on "Mission Statements: what they are for, and how do you create one." We also discussed at length and finally approved the Collections Management Policy that I have been working the last three months.

This reality is like a bad dream of what the last few months have been. Evidently, I have literally been working night and day.

No comments: