Saturday, February 26, 2011

Last Big Desert

I have been here a full three weeks. Today begins the fourth weekend. Twenty three straight days of work. I still don't have a car, a place to live, or the internet. I do know how many days I can work in a row before I get kind of bummed out about working. It is twenty three!

Today my new friend Jimmy took me off roading in the desert for the first time. We drove way out, up, and into the mountains. I started to think that after three weeks of drinking his coffee, sleeping in his camper, eating his dinner, and watching his TV...maybe twenty three days was enough for him as well. When he had me get out to look at a spring coming out of the rocks I made sure that I stayed closer to the truck than he was.

I spent the rest of the day in El Centro taking care of banking and getting a few groceries, and then doing internet business for four hours at Starbucks. All the way into town I watched the Blue Angels practicing over the desert.

I always try to post pictures with blogs, but I have been posting from my phone. But today the post is from Starbucks.

1 comment:

Dave Horn said...

Cover that view with 10-15' of water and it looks an awful lot like the bottom of the ocean off Corktree Beach.