Friday, May 15, 2009

Playing at the Bohio

I have found several things out about myself in the last year. Two of them are that my hearing is not at all what it used to be, and my throat hurts now when I sing.

That said, I still played one of the best shows I have ever played, tonight. When I was looking at coming to Grand Turk, I came across the website for the Bohio resort. On their website they advertised a BBQ with a live band. I thought, "wouldn't it be cool to be that band." Well, now I'm that band. For the last three Fridays we have been playing the weekend BBQ at the Bohio. Tonight, we had four percussionist playing, myself, and Don on bass. It was so loud that I can't hear anything now that I am home. My ears are ringing.

Even though I can't hear, my throat is sore, and my back hurts, I can still play through adversity. This week I cut my pinky with my super, ultra-sharp kitchen knife, and today I drilled the palm of my hand trying to fix some drawers. So, add to the list of ailments a throbbing hand.

But our set tonight was jammin.

No comments: