Sunday, May 24, 2009

No One Can See You Cry Underwater

This is Dinah's last weekend on Grand Turk. We went diving this morning. This was the regular Sunday second dive at 11:00 that Andre and Oran are always on. This is also Oran's last week on Grand Turk. He is a lawyer from Ireland who has been here for three years. He dives every Sunday.

We were hoping that this dive would be amazing, as this might be Dinah' last dive ever. We did see a 200 pound grouper. That was cool, but then on on the boat ride back we saw four dolphins who swam right up next to the boat. OK, that was cool. My first. Dinah's first.

Tonight, we had a staff goodbye dinner at the house for Dinah. Aliatte and Lina came over and made a traditional Haitian dinner. This was great. We ended the night watching movies on the porch, but only Joseph and Raphael stayed. I said, "we could watch IRobot and then I am Legend." 30 minutes into the first movie Lina said she wanted to go home. All the other girls went with her. Raphael said, "I'll stay for both movies." Now, here we are. I think I will get out the ice cream now.

No comments: