Sunday, May 31, 2009

Waiting in Vain

It is officially four hours and fifteen minutes until the 2009-2010 hurricane season. It it also nine months to the day of the two hurricanes that struck Grand Turk last year.

Today I was interviewed again for a documentary looking at Grand Turk one year after hurricane Ike. I am still preaching the same message and none of the vacant historic buildings have been stabilized. The old prison, which was a major tourist attraction, still does not have roofing. We have had two major rain storms. This is just too much water for a building to take.

This weekend I was in Provo. On Friday night I sat in with a band whose singer had to go to back home to Jamaica at the last minute. I received several comments from people after the show. But they sum up to this: its sad when you live in the Caribbean and I front the only reggae band. But alas, this is true.

I had a day to learn the lyrics to several songs. The cool thing of the night was that during Knockin on Heaven's Door, a guy came up off the dance floor and started free rappin old school Jamaican style. When I was going over the list, I saw this song as going south real fast, but it turned out to be the closer. Oh, except for the Marley's Waiting in Vain, which I proceeded to butcher, cut short, and bail on.

I have been working all day today on the lyrics and guitar tabs. Deneen should google the words...

No comments: