Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Dinner and a Movie

This weekend was Labor Day weekend I think. I worked all weekend at the museum so it doesn't really matter. I have been redoing the gift shop at the Museum of the Aleutians. I recorded visitor statistics during August, and I have a strategy to increase shop sales. I have a goal to double sales. But I will discuss that later.

On Saturday I invited the archaeologist who is completing research in the collection over for dinner. She has been on the island for three weeks and has been camping. I have no furniture or really anything else. but I did bring two iron skillets - perfect for Mexican food,


I made jalapenos stuffed with black bean and cream cheese and carne asada tacos with a home-made guacamole. The guacamole was good, but the most expensive thing we ate. I can't believe how much avocados are here.  They were basically free in San Diego, but we are not in San Diego any more Toto. My small bowl of guac cost $8 bucks. I might as well had bought it at Chipotle.

You can take the boy out of the country, or something like that.

Oh, and no movie. I don't have any furniture; let alone a TV.

No comments: