Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Scratch

This blog started on September 9, 2007, with a post entitled "Starting from Scratch." Now, nine years later, it feels a little the same. I have been in a totally unfurnished apartment for the last 30 days,  In fact, when I re-read the first couple weeks of blogs from our move to Grand Turk...It sounds a lot like my experience of being here for the first couple of weeks.


This weekend, however, I borrowed a truck and was able to source a whole bunch of trash and scrap. On Saturday I watched Ohio State football game. And then on Sunday, I started making furniture.

I finished a coffee table and a bar-height dining table. These were made from a sign that was removed from the Methodist Church. Just to be clear, I did not remove the sign, the posts had rotted, I made arrangements and took it off their trash pile.


I have plans for a couple other pieces, but they will have to wait because I am flying out today to a couple of conferences.

No comments: