Monday, February 2, 2009

Quick rundown of the weekend...

Saturday we were suppose to go to one of the outlaying cays but the weather has been bad here and the seas are rough. Instead, we took a lunch and walked the east shore from the lighthouse down to Smuggler's Cove and then along the beach to the ruins at the Coral Reef, a resort which closed in the 1980s.

In the afternoon I met the Irish plumbers at the museum. They are working at the new hospital and are living next door to us. I have a broken toilet and they are plumbers. They have skills and I have something in more valuable here, two young Samuelson women. They seem to have no problem coming to fix things at the museum after Dinah went over and asked them.

Saturday night we held a musicians jamb at the museum. Wes came and played sax with Allesio and myself. Don came over to play a little bass. We had a good time. The Irish plumbers came as well as several other friends.

On Sunday, We had a party at 2:00 where everyone was to bring something from their own country. Dinah and Leah went to get something text-mex and then woke me up and told me to make something tex-mex. Later we went to a small Superbowl party and had a great steak and chicken dinner.

What a great game. I am a Pittsburgh fan who wanted the Cardinals to win. It was the perfect game.

No comments: