Monday, September 7, 2009

Grand Turk Deneen

I really,really miss Grand Turk Deneen. The Caribbean has a way of bringing out the coolest parts of people. It is like a magnifying glass that makes the coolest part of you bigger.

I can play a Bob Marley song at the 2005 River Days Festival and it is pretty cool. But I can sing the same song at some dive resort (and the duel meaning of dive resort should be read as semantically very cool)on Grand Turk and it is taken to a whole nother [sic] level.

In the same way, Deneen is magnified here in all of her strongest suits (read here, swimming suits). Sitting on the beach, sweating on the couch, lounging in the pool at Margaritaville; Grand Turk Deneen is the image of perfection in my mind. I was telling Jessica our story of coming to Grand Turk a couple days ago, and her comment was, "you must have the coolest wife in the world."

In fact, I think I do.

This summer was perhaps one of the best summers of my life. After the year I have had, it was amazing to have my family here. And I think we lived the best of Grand Turk for nine weeks.

I am beginning to be doubtful whether I will get Grand Turk Deneen back. But in the last couple of days I have begun to envision a London Deneen, or a South Carolina Deneen, and I like what I see in my mind.

I know this is just the ramblings of the lonely planet Neal, but I'm Just say'in.

1 comment:

bryanhitch said...

The thing is, you'll have Grand Turk Mom there in just a few weeks. Exciting, isn't it?