Sunday, September 27, 2009

Its Funny Cause Its True

This afternoon we had a cookout at Alessio's house. OK, so this was a pretty entertaining afternoon. But, how can a 3 1/2 hour lunch not be entertaining.

Breaking things here is my Achilles' heal. I can not stand it. The problem is that you can not replace anything here. once it is broken, unless you can fix it, it is gone.

This morning Tiffany dropped a glass tumbler on the tile floor and broke it into a thousand pieces. This is Ok, it was one that we bought here,so I guess it can be replaced. Later, at Allesio's, she dropped a sausage into the fire, then in the middle of dinner she smashed a chair into oblivion.

OK, she did one of these things. But, it has been funny all afternoon to blame her, anyway.

Dinner at Alessio's never ceases to be an amazement. The conversation is always lively. The food is always spectacular.

But, given our last dinner, if you remember Lucas getting into a fight and breaking the platter, today was really funny. Not just a little funny. A lot funny.

Look at the chair. I can not even tell you how it happened. But look. That is crazy. And to make it worse, or funnier depending on which end of it you were on, evidently when I was falling I hit Jessica's hand who then proceeded to pour some liquid she was drinking all over me.

Tomorrow, when things are not so jovial it will not be funny. But I can fix it. My dad's got some tools.

No comments: